Opening: Part-Time Activity Associate
to adults who are blind
Schedule: This is a part-time 16 – 20 hours per week, over either two or two and one-half days (amount and specific days largely depending on successful applicants’ preference)
Description: Working with others in the Activity Department, the Activity Associate provides a wide range of support and assistance of internal and external social, recreational, and educational activities as varied as:
- Running music, crosswords, current events, games, and other activities in the building and coordinating outside performers to perform in the building.
- Accompanying and assisting residents on grocery shopping trips, to the movies, theater, bowling, concerts, etc.
Compensation: $18.00 – $19.00 per hour plus excellent benefits and a friendly & casual work atmosphere
- College degree
- Proficiency in office computer programs, including Microsoft Office Suite, etc.
- Excellent customer service and relations skills
- Excellent interpersonal skill and ability to work effectively with diverse individuals & groups
- A valid driver’s license and ability to drive a 14-person van
- Familiarity with long-terms care, preferred
To apply, please complete an application at https://friedmanplace.org/job-openings/
|Located on the northwest side of Chicago, Friedman Place is a nonprofit residential community that serves adults who are blind. Each resident lives in their own apartment – there are 81 in the building. The building is specially designed for people who are blind. Staff, specially trained to work with adults who are blind, provides a wide range of services designed so residents lead as full and as independent lives as possible.|