Description: The Director of Activities and Volunteers oversees all social and recreational activities for the residents, including those inside the building (e.g., trivia, art, music, bingo, Uno, current events, parties, etc.) and outside (e.g., shopping, museums, concerts, etc.); supervises two part-time and one full-time staff; and recruits, trains, and orients volunteers.
Schedule: This is a full-time (40 hour) position, Monday–Friday, either 8:00am – 4:00pm or 9:00am – 5:00pm
Compensation: $62,000 – $72,000 per year, based on skill and experience. Friedman Place provides very generous benefits, including heavily subsidized health insurance; 20 paid days off plus 6 paid holidays annually to new full-time employees; retirement contributions; educational and licensure reimbursement; discounts on products and services; subsidy for gym membership, flexible spending account, meals, etc. and a friendly and casual work atmosphere.
- BA/BS degree, preferred
- At least two years’ experience as activity therapist, recreational therapist, or similar
- At least two years’ supervisory experience
- At least 1 year of experience with older adult or special-need populations, preferred.
- Prior experience in program creation, volunteer recruitment and management, preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups. Experience with behavioral health a plus.
- Fully Covid vaccinated
To apply, please go HERE or www.friedmanplace.org and “about” and “employment”