INVITATION FOR ARTISTS TO EXHIBIT
Friedman Place - a not-for-profit community for adults who are blind or visually impaired – is inviting artists to submit works to be included in an exhibition of artworks associated with vision, blindness, or disability.
The exhibition will be displayed at Friedman Place for two weeks, with the opening occurring at our “Celebrating the Arts at Friedman Place” fundraiser on Thursday evening, May 18, 2017. It is expected that the artwork will be viewed by 500 people or more during the entire period of the exhibition.
- 2D / flat work only (e.g., painting, drawing, photographs, printmaking, weaving/textiles, brief written works, etc.)
- Must be framed or otherwise ready for hanging when delivered to the exhibit
- The theme of the art must be somehow related to vision, blindness, or disability or the artist must have a disability.
- If accepted, the work(s) must be delivered to Friedman Place, 5527 North Maplewood, Chicago, between May 10 - 15 and picked up (or will be mailed, at owner’s expense) between June 2 – 6
- Work will not be available for sale, but if the artist chooses, his/her contact information will be provided to visitors to the exhibit.
Instructions to Submit Work
- Digital photographs (2-3 per piece) plus title, medium, dimensions, and artist’s name, address, and phone number must be received by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 17.
- Artists may submit up to 3 pieces for consideration.
- Artists will be notified by email if the work has been accepted by April 21.
Need more information? Contact Alexander Brown at 773.409.6115 or email@example.com
Click Here for a PDF version of the exhibition information:Celebrating the Arts at Friedman Place - Art Exhibit Flyer.pdf